8.03.2008

Lawrence of Arabia





These are some quick color doodles I took from stills of the movie Lawrence of Arabia. I wouldn't call myself an old movie buff but I can see why people start. While watching this movie I knew where so many artsy films like "the fall" or "everything is illuminated" draws there style from. With such beautiful intense flat shots full of color and contrast, who wouldn't wanna copy? This movie is absolutely breath taking and also very long... but worth it. This was a real challenge for me.

Speaking of movies I saw batman (nanannanananananananananan) for the second time today. After seeing it the second time Heath Ledger's performance really impressed me. He seems like he would have been the next Johnny Dept but ten times better. I mean his attention to detail was insane. By licking his lips to the way he walked, his voice, his laugh... He just did it so well. I mean he would be an animators dream. Well. He seemed like he would have been a cool dude who would offer the world a lot o' good time movies.

Speaking of cool dudes. Anyone see Obama at the wailing wall? he seriously is a dream boat.

12 comments:

Sa. said...

sqweegee... those are really beautiful. you know... make sure you always travel and see things. looking at those i'm like, what?! sahara desert?! yeah. anyway. point is. those are sweet, and you should keep playing with the work you do in shorter-time kinda moments, know what i'm saying? so, yeah. word.

Len said...

nice G.
They're lovely. I actually haven't seen Lawrence of Arabia - but it is now on the list.
Did you hear about how someone took Obama’s prayer from the Wailing Wall and then apologized for it? But I never heard what it said. I’m sure it was something ridiculously lofty and sentimental, like being able to talk to the animals or civil liberties.

citygrrrl said...

i love these. and now i must go to bed.

ps. the note said:

Lord,

Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins and help me guard against pride and despair.

Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just.

And make me an instrument of your will.

Gigi said...

word kodish. i feels ya

len if i didn't know what it said i would think that it wouldn't say anything but just have pictures of rainbows and bunny's and thinks of the sort drawn on it.

thanks mom. :)

Alex said...

*Johnny Depp. :)

citygrrrl said...

i know. i thought i was the worlds worst speller. apparently, i produced the worlds worst speller

Gigi said...

wow. i just got told by my own mother.

Alex said...

by the way, that first pic is awesome

Lindsey Lydecker said...

zomgoodness. these are so beautiful. I love then so!!!!

Lindsey Lydecker said...

did i mention that i miss you :)

Gigi said...

gah! you! let's play sleep on a couch together sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.